Thinking about making the switch from the ER to an urgent care center for medical attention? Many people already have, while some are still on the fence. If you need professional care for any situation that’s not life-threatening, a walk-in clinic offers plenty of advantages over traditional forms of care.
We’ve touted those benefits before at Urgent Care Extra. But for this blog, we wanted to offer a primer of sorts for anyone curious about a typical urgent care center. What’s the wait like? Will I see an actual doctor? Are appointments necessary? With these questions and many more in mind, let’s take a look at the basics of urgent care.
Urgent Care: The Basics
If you’ve never been to an urgent care center, here are a few things you should know:
- No appointments necessary. With walk-in clinics, you can simply walk in and be seen. It’s that simple.
- Don’t expect to wait. Urgent care clinics, unlike emergency rooms and primary care physician offices, have exceptionally short wait times.
- Traditional care options are available. Need sports physical or immunization? How about a regular check-up? Urgent care walk-in clinics can address pressing needs, and those not-so pressing issues, too!
- Insurance isn’t mandatory. If you’re worried about ultra-expensive medical bills from your visit to a walk-in clinic, think again. Immediate care centers (such as Urgent Care Extra) don’t require insurance. And if you’re really cash-strapped, we’ll work out a payment plan if necessary.
- Your final bill won’t break the bank. Studies and data have shown that the same medical care at urgent care centers and similar walk-in clinics cost significantly less than the same emergency room services.
- Convenience is part of the deal. With the capability to do blood work, x-rays and other medical procedures, walk-in clinics like Urgent Care Extra won’t give you the run-around, or even send you running around (our Arizona facilities even provide medication). Most of the time, we can handle those “other” services in-house!
This is just a crash-course on urgent care walk-in clinics. Hopefully this gives you enough information to at least try an immediate care walk-in clinic. And if you’re in the Las Vegas, Tucson or Phoenix areas, Urgent Care Extra offers all the above perks and more. Stop in and see for yourself at any of our southwest U.S. locations, or call our office at (480) 840-3075 to learn more. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to serving you today.