Arizona Clinics Only
The best defense to maintaining your health is with early detection and prevention. Whether your physical exam is needed for your job, employment insurance, or just something that you haven’t done in a while, Urgent Care Extra has what is needed. Help keep your workforce healthy by addressing potential issues, through a physical exam, before they start. Our Occupational Health Program can help reduce the overall cost of healthcare for your company. Learn more about the benefits of implementing a company Occupational Health Program.
We have put together a comprehensive Occupational Medicine Package that will meet your requirements and we have done so with one key factor in mind, YOU! We have a dedicated return to work policy and our goal is to offer affordable and convenient options with unbeatable prices which will help keep your workforce healthy through prevention and help treat and care for your employee in case of an injury.
Both work injury and pre-employment needs can be met with our Occupational Medicine Services. No appointment necessary, open 7 days a week from 8am til 9pm, find an Urgent Care Extra location near you.
Our doctors and trained medical staff provide a wide network of available and convenient options when it comes to your health care needs.
We offer drug testing as a standalone service or to be added a la cart to one of our Physical Exam Programs. This is a 5 panel or 8 panel urine test- both commonly test for abused substances.
Our doctors and trained medical staff provide a wide network of available and convenient options when it comes to your health care needs, and at Urgent Care Extra, we are pleased to offer the following physical package programs:
UCE’s 3 Tiered Physical Exam Program:
Along with our already well-known sports physicals for the student athlete in the family, UCE is now offering one of the most comprehensive and customizable Physical Exam Packages available in the Southwest. No appointment necessary, open 7 days a week from 8am til 9pm, find a location near you.
Urgent Care Extra has broken these down into a three tier program. Our goal is to provide affordable, convenient options with prices being less expensive than what you might find when using your insurance at your family physicians office and well below what you would pay if you have no insurance. Because our goal at UCE is to offer affordable pricing to everyone, we have made a commitment to streamlining our processes in order to offer the lowest price possible! Any where else, lab work alone can range from $150 to several thousand dollars. Urgent Care Extra has an onsite lab, UCE MyLab, which allows us to minimize those third party costs and get results with a much quicker turn around time- generally within 24 hrs. We include blood panels in all of our packages and also offer a wide variety of A La Carte items which may be added to any package. Read more about our 3 Tiered Physical Exam Program and decide which is best for you. For more information on our specific Tier Programs please contact our Occupational Health Specialist via email at OccMed@ucextra.com.
Its that easy, get what you need- and do if for less!
Tier 1 :
Includes all Tier 1
*CBC, *CMP, *TSH, *UA
A La Carte Items:
These can be added to any above tier physical exam package at the cash price unless otherwise noted.
Physical Exam w Full History
Drug Screening- 10 Panel
CBC w/Diff, w/PLT
Hemoglobin A1c w/eAG
Additional labs are available when requested by an authorized signer and ordered with any Tier Exam. For more information about our Occupational Health Program, our Occupational Health Specialist can be reached via email at OccMed@ucextra.com If you are looking for additional information on Student Athlete Sports Physical, navigate to our Sports Physicals Page.
Additional information on provided tests:
* CBC– Complete Blood Count: This test measures the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, hemoglobin and hematocrit. It can also provide MCV, MCH, and MCHS as well as platelet count. More information on this can be found at Medline Plus.
* CMP– Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: This is a broad screening tool used to assess organ function. It also is used to check for certain conditions such as liver disease, diabetes and kidney disease. Hypertension can be monitored with the CMP as well as people taking medications for above mentioned diseases. To find out more information on CMP, visit WebMD.
* TSH– Thyroid- Stimulating Hormone: This blood test is used to check the thyroid gland for any problems. TSH allows the thyroid gland to produce two hormones (T3) and (T4). Both of these help control the body’s metabolism. For a more complete understanding of TSH, visit this article Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone.
* UA– Urinalysis: This test is beneficial as it reveals diseases that have gone unnoticed as they do not always produce signs or symptoms, often protein or glucose will begin to show in the urine first. It also is useful in helping to monitor organ function in those with acute or chronic conditions. The results of the UA test go hand in hand with the results of the CMP and CBC and our Urgent Care Extra providers will correlate the results of this test with other clinical findings during your Physical. More information on a Urinalysis can be found at Emedicine.
* EKG– Electrocardiogram: Sometimes referred to as ECG, this is a noninvasive test that measures the electrical activity of the heart. It is completely painless and is performed by applying leads to the chest area. Information about the heart is gained when heart patterns are captures. Many heart conditions can be identified from an EKG. If you would like to learn more about how EKG’s are performed, please visit this article on heart disease.
*HgA1c– (A1c test): This test measures the level of glucose found in the blood and is used to diagnose both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. It also provides valuable information on how well your diabetes is being managed. The HgA1c test is the preferred method of testing blood sugar levels as it gives information for the past two to three months by measuring what percentage of hemoglobin is coated with sugar. As your A1c level rises, your risk for developing diabetes increases which indicates your body is not controlling your blood sugar very well. A persons risk for developing diabetes is also captured in the A1c test by identifying a specific range known as “pre-diabetic”. Your Urgent Care Extra provider will go over your results and when possible provide information that will help lower your A1c level if you are in the pre-diabetic range. Things like body weight and exercise play a big part in A1c levels. Urgent Care Extra offers a medical weight loss program to help aide in your weight loss efforts. For more detailed information on the HgA1c test.
*Treadmill Stress Test: This test is used to look for heart disease by determining if there is adequate blow flow to your heart during an increased level of activity. Comfortable clothing including a good walking or running shoes should be worn. Electrodes will be placed on your chest which measure your hearts electrical activity during the test, these electrodes are completely painless. You will begin by walking on the treadmill and the rate of exercise will gradually increase. You will be asked to continue for as long as you can until you feel exhausted. Specifics on how to prepare for the test will be provided to you by the cardiologist prior to your appointment and can include things such as no caffeine 12 hours prior, fasting for a few hours before the test and medications to omit until after the test is complete.