When your body speaks, pay attention. It’s trying to tell you something. Often, these little warning signs are just symptoms of minor ailments. But sometimes, these medical “red flags” are the result of a serious underlying problem.
Keep an eye on the following 5 symptoms. If you have any, immediate medical care is recommended. And the great thing about visiting an urgent care center is you can just walk in and see a medical care specialist – no appointment necessary!
Here are a handful of red flags that merit urgent care:
- Abdominal pain – severe, sensitive abdominal discomfort could indicate digestive malfunction, appendicitis and other issues. It could also be the sign of an ulcer. Whatever the case, stomach / midsection pain requires immediate medical care.
- Acute headache – if you have sharp pain behind your eyes of elsewhere in the head area, a host of maladies might surface. Anything from a migraine to a life-threatening aneurysm might be the culprit. Leave nothing to chance – seek medical attention immediately.
- Severe cough, shortness of breath & fever – the combination of these 3 “red flags” usually means some sort of respiratory problem. If it’s pneumonia, urgent medical care can help diagnose and treat – and catching something like pneumonia early means your eventual cure will come much sooner than if you wait for your body to heal itself.
- Dizziness & fainting – these warning signs often indicate a stroke, circulatory obstruction or other serious setback. Have someone drive you to an urgent medical care facility without hesitation.
- Joint pain – ligament and tendon damage sometimes surfaces after years of wear and tear. For instance, your hip or shoulder joints can gradually (or suddenly) require monumental effort to do normal, everyday activities (like reaching for something on a shelf or walking). Visit an urgent care center if you have persistent joint discomfort. An x-ray or MRI can get to the root of the problem.
These are just a few red flags to be aware of. If you’re uncertain about an abnormal pain or anything else, it’s best to play it safe. Visit any of the Urgent Care Extra centers in Phoenix or Tucson for attentive, friendly medical care. Our growing network includes a dedicated staff of doctors, nurses and technicians that will help you get back on track.
We have more than 40 immediate care facilities. Stop in today – we can assist with urgent care needs, and also help you with long-term health care strategies. If you have any questions about our care and would like to speak with a UCE expert, please call (480) 840-3075. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.