A mole that you just noticed last week. A persistent pain that just seems to never go away. Numbness or loss of feeling in a limb for seemingly no reason at all. Our body has a sometimes-subtle way of telling us about potentially severe health issues. It’ll give us some signs of health problems every so often, just to see if we’re paying attention.
Here are a handful of symptoms you should not ignore:
- Severe headache/head pain. It might not be just a migraine. Sharp, constant pain could also be the sign of a possible brain aneurysm. This life-threatening condition happens when an artery “bulges.”
- Discolored mole or other skin lesion. If you have a scab that never heals, a mole that changes color or other unusual skin condition, have a dermatologist check you You may have skin cancer, which ranges from the relatively benign basal cell carcinoma to the much more serious melanoma. Early detection is helpful with all types of skin cancers.
- Intermittent chest pain. Sharp pain often accompanies indigestion, so any discomfort after an all-you-can-eat Mexican buffet might be normal. But any pain that follows a brief workout or even a casual walk might be the result of partially blocked arteries – a leading cause of heart attacks. An EKG (Electrocardiography) test can help determine if you have heart damage.
- Numb feet and/or back pain. When these two warning signs go hand-in-hand (or feet-and-back, as it were), you could have a slipped back disk. If left untreated, this constant pressure on the spinal nerve could cause irreversible damage.
- Loss of feeling on one side of body/vision problems/slurred speech. These are just three early warning signs of a stroke. A stroke occurs when the brain receives insufficient blood flow. If caught early enough, a stroke is treatable – but early detection is crucial, so don’t ignore these symptoms!
If you’re concerned about any of these “early warning signs,” or any other signs of health problems, please stop in to any of our Urgent Care Extra Clinics. With over 40 locations to serve you throughout Nevada and Arizona, we’re the premier immediate care network in the Southwest U.S. Along with urgent medical care, our doctors can help create a long-term plan for optimal health. Stop in today and experience the difference with Urgent Care Extra!
You can email our urgent care consultants at email@example.com, or call (480) 840-3075 to speak with a medical care consultant. We look forward to hearing from you – and thanks for stopping by the Urgent Care Extra blog!